back to article Samsung LE40C650

Samsung’s set is a sleek, good looking design, and out of the box the HD picture quality was stunning. Setup even ends with a handy reminder for the less technically savvy to connect set-tops and suchlike using HDMI for HD pictures. Samsung LE40C650 However, the SD picture quality wasn’t as good, until the settings were …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Comparison ?

At least compare sets of the same size - 40in Samsung (Editor's choice) may be good, but to compare it to a 46 inch TV ?

2. Nigel Whitfield.

I'd love to

Really; I'd love to have managed to get the same size sets from each manufacturer, but with a brand new technology like this, if I had to wait until everyone could get the same size to me, I'd still be waiting for boxes to be delivered, and the editors at Reg Hardware would still be wondering when they'd get their copy.

If we start out wanting a particular size, but then all we can get from one major manufacturer is a different size, what would you prefer? Omit big brand X and having readers say "Why didn't you look at X, this is a crap review?" or wait until everyone can get all the kit to you and have readers say "This has been out for ages. You should have reviewed it months ago"?

If we'd set out to look at, say, 40 inch sets, that's the situation we'd be in. So we set out to give an overview of some of what's available for Freeview HD, and there will be other product reviews in future.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Process understood

I mistakenly thought you'd go to manufacturers and say - "We're doing a review of 40 inch Freeview HD TVs. If you provide one by <date> we will include it in our published article on <date2>."

Which? Magazine manage it but their reviews are not for the technically minded, the reviews that you do are excellent for the audience of this web site. I guess Which? have a large readership and manufacturers bend over backwards...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like