back to article Adobe plugs critical Flash Player hole

Adobe Systems on Thursday made good on a promise to rid its ubiquitous Flash media player of a critical vulnerability that criminals are exploiting to install malware on end user machines. The security update is available for versions 10.0.45.2 and earlier of Flash for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Last week, Adobe warned that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Deadly_NZ
    FAIL

More Flash bugs

When are they going to finally either fix or kill off this bugridden garbage .

Thank god for flash block

2. rtfmoz
    FAIL

So Jobs was right

So Steve Jobs was right. Adobe Flash is a POS afer all, funny that.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

RE: So Jobs was right

I wonder if loading up the new version on my laptop will be a similar experience to loading up the version I currently have?

The fan goes wild and the machine heats up noticably.

The only other software I have that does that is some code I wrote myself to stress test the machine and use as much CPU time as possible. Maybe Adobe do this on purpose?

On the other hand, there's so much bloat there that maybe the code slipped through by accident, after all this newly-closed bug has been around forever but was only closed when hackers exploited it. Shows that Adobe didn't really think of the security implications, didn't care or didn't notice. Maybe a mixture of all three. So carelessness, ineptitude or just a lack of will. Whichever way you look at it, Adobe come out smelling like manure, not roses.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

No 64 bit for Linux

Oh great. No 64 bit update for linux.

According to http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

"We remain committed [...] there are plans to replace the now closed [...] pre-release"

This topic is closed for new posts.