A resurgent Dell, riding the x64 upgrade wave that is happening in the wake of the recession, will crank out three more machines today, broadening its PowerEdge lineup to chase some more money. The new machines include two PowerEdge blade servers and a new rack machine. All will start shipping in July. The PowerEdge M610x blade …
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 rocks!! or you can waste your time messing about with cr*p. Oh what was that unix scripting missing? thank you I have powershell and can get away with 1970 implementations shells that don't know the difference between csh=bad & csh =bad.
Nothing new here!
The M610x blade has two full-length, full height PCI-Express 2.0 x16 slots - which is a new thing for blade servers.
No it isnt TPM! HP have been doing PCI expansion blades for years. They sit next to a blade and are connected via the PCI buses and guess what you can plug 2 full height cards into them ........... just like the ones you've been talking about!
Fusion-io's ioDrive Duo flash disk to accelerate calculations or I/O for specific workloads.
Again HP have been doind this for years they are called IO Accelerators (OEM' versions of Fusion-IO), difference is HP managed to work out a way of fitting them on a standard mezz card format meaning a space saving, guess Dell couldnt be bothered to put the R&D effort in!
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?