HTC has got European Hero owners hopes up by launching the long awaited Android 2.1 update for the smartphone... in Taiwan. The release - firmware version 2.73.751.13 - was pushed out to Asian Hero handsets late last week, though has yet to appear on European update servers. Originally expected in February this year, the …
Any word on if/when 2.1 will be released for the HTC Magic?
I think they said something along the lines of only newer phones will be getting the updates - judging by the time it's taken for them to get 2.1 working smoothly on the Hero, I'm guessing the chances of an official 2.1 for Magic are slim to none.... somebody correct me if I'm wrong though.
It would be nice if they said what gets fixed in the over the air updates though - I still only have guesses as to what the Desire update this weekend fixed. So far, widgets work slightly better (as in update properly), and there is now a message count again in the messaging application.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones