"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated." Was it Mark Twain who said that, or WiMAX? News of the poor 4G technology's imminent death have surfaced again with some vigour, with blame squarely aimed at the growing support for the unpaired flavour of LTE - known as TD-LTE - which offers holders of unpaired spectrum a …
TD.LTE in Russia and India ?
TD.LTE in Russia and India? - not sure these operators/countries will like their networks depend on chunks of Chinese IPR with no "patent pool" formed yet in order to create a calculated royanlties environment.
IPR cost as a percentage of handset BOM is estimated to be twice in TD-LTE as compared to WiMAX.
Incidentally Yota may well opt for LTE's bog standard FDD mode and not TD-LTE as your article implies (at least with me). A press release by Scartel - Yota's parent - mentions "paired" spectrum.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers