The Samsung Wave, the first handset based on the company's much hyped Bada platform, hit the UK today, available on Virgin Media, O2 and Vodafone. The Wave is coming in at just over £400 on pay-as-you-go - but of course you can get it for "free" if you stump up for a meaty tariff The Wave has a 1GHz processor, 5Mp Camera and a …
Samsung can jump up their own asses
Where's the support and promised apps for the TouchWiz platform that's less than a year old?
I bought the Jet after reading the favorable review here at El Reg only to have the manufacturer completely abandon the phone and OS months later.
I'll be sticking with Android phones from other manufacturers in the future.
Just more "feature phone" mentality.
Samsung still has it in their head that they are developing feature phones, instead of devices that run a unified platform. Why spend money updating last months models (with gimmicky features to maintain) when you can push the changes to your new devices coming out next month, right? I won't be buying another Samsung Android device unless they change their development strategy. Less devices, no gimmicks, more updates, and support that lasts more than the end of my first bill.
When you discard support for a device, you loose a portion of that platform's community to someone else.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email