back to article MS lines up 10 bulletins for bumper Patch Tuesday

Microsoft is lining up a bumper load of 10 security bulletins covering 34 vulnerabilities for June's Patch Tuesday release. Three of the 10 bulletins, due on 8 June, cover critical flaws, normally defined as security holes that might allow an attacker to take full control of the targeted machine. The other seven notices fall …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Couldn't last.

Thought it had been a bit too quiet lately.

2. JDX Gold badge
    Badgers

Who keeps finding these things?!

Personally I think MS are to be applauded for how damn hard they work keeping on top of these things... I don't really buy the "if it wasn't crap they wouldn't need to" argument.

BUT, who has the time to find all these vulnerabilities, I can't decide if it would be fascinating or horribly tedious...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Badgers

I wouldn't.

Call often taking months and sometimes taking years to issue patches or otherwise address vulnerabilities 'keeping on top of these things'.

Also badgers, because they'll be digging up the lawn, knocking the flowers over and trying for the bird feeder again tonight, so in case they're reading this...

...don't think we don't know you're there, okay?

2. Penguin herder
      Gates Horns

Who finds these things?? Often not MS

It is very common to find wording such as "we thank so-and-so for (my favorite part) **working with us** to protect our customers." Another common euphemism is "externally reported vulnerability." I guess that looks better than "we blew it, they found it."

3. mfraz

Installing updates

Does this new version of Windows still wait until you shut down to install the updates?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Gates Horns

re: Installing updates

Not unless you tell it to. By default, it just installs the updates at a pre-selected time of day. Afterwards (if it needs to) it pops up a prompt asking you to restart your computer. If you don't reply, it just goes ahead and restarts for you.

After a couple times of that, I set mine to only restart when I tell it to.

2. Sureo

Does this new version of Windows still wait until you shut down to install the updates?

Yes.

4. tony trolle

looks like they updated activation for XP also

got a 4 year old Dell and 6 year old Gateway failing.

The gateway a possible "bad" serial but not the Dell.

Assume more calls tomorrow.........oh hum

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like