Roxio owner Sonic has sucked up DivX in a $323m deal it claims will streamline "over the top" movie distribution. DivX is best known for its codec technology, which enables decent quality video transmission, and has cropped up in a range of devices from handsets to TVs. It is notorious for a long-running dispute with Universal …
What was the name of that once good CD burning product that turned into Roxio and became a steaming turd? Will that be the future of Divx?
Oh yeah, I remember that, torrents of pirated hollywood movies and porn used it. Happy days.
Sonic MyDVD and I still use it. Simple and works like a charm. Roxio uhh!
DivX. Stoopid me puchased that encoder package. Takes over 3 hours to encode 45 mins of video using a 3.4 Ghz HT machine. Cannot read all formats it is supposed too (and DVDs). The DivX "crowd" were of no help. Now I just .iso for free! 15 minutes tops.
Adaptec Easy CD Creator.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'