Roxio owner Sonic has sucked up DivX in a $323m deal it claims will streamline "over the top" movie distribution. DivX is best known for its codec technology, which enables decent quality video transmission, and has cropped up in a range of devices from handsets to TVs. It is notorious for a long-running dispute with Universal …
What was the name of that once good CD burning product that turned into Roxio and became a steaming turd? Will that be the future of Divx?
Oh yeah, I remember that, torrents of pirated hollywood movies and porn used it. Happy days.
Sonic MyDVD and I still use it. Simple and works like a charm. Roxio uhh!
DivX. Stoopid me puchased that encoder package. Takes over 3 hours to encode 45 mins of video using a 3.4 Ghz HT machine. Cannot read all formats it is supposed too (and DVDs). The DivX "crowd" were of no help. Now I just .iso for free! 15 minutes tops.
Adaptec Easy CD Creator.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market