Roxio owner Sonic has sucked up DivX in a $323m deal it claims will streamline "over the top" movie distribution. DivX is best known for its codec technology, which enables decent quality video transmission, and has cropped up in a range of devices from handsets to TVs. It is notorious for a long-running dispute with Universal …
What was the name of that once good CD burning product that turned into Roxio and became a steaming turd? Will that be the future of Divx?
Oh yeah, I remember that, torrents of pirated hollywood movies and porn used it. Happy days.
Sonic MyDVD and I still use it. Simple and works like a charm. Roxio uhh!
DivX. Stoopid me puchased that encoder package. Takes over 3 hours to encode 45 mins of video using a 3.4 Ghz HT machine. Cannot read all formats it is supposed too (and DVDs). The DivX "crowd" were of no help. Now I just .iso for free! 15 minutes tops.
Adaptec Easy CD Creator.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM