Roxio owner Sonic has sucked up DivX in a $323m deal it claims will streamline "over the top" movie distribution. DivX is best known for its codec technology, which enables decent quality video transmission, and has cropped up in a range of devices from handsets to TVs. It is notorious for a long-running dispute with Universal …
What was the name of that once good CD burning product that turned into Roxio and became a steaming turd? Will that be the future of Divx?
Oh yeah, I remember that, torrents of pirated hollywood movies and porn used it. Happy days.
Sonic MyDVD and I still use it. Simple and works like a charm. Roxio uhh!
DivX. Stoopid me puchased that encoder package. Takes over 3 hours to encode 45 mins of video using a 3.4 Ghz HT machine. Cannot read all formats it is supposed too (and DVDs). The DivX "crowd" were of no help. Now I just .iso for free! 15 minutes tops.
Adaptec Easy CD Creator.
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- 'Big Data' analysis Think Amazon is CHEAP? Just take a look at these cloudy graphs...