In an almost one line release this week, US chip vendor Qualcomm says that it has begun shipping the chips that will line up against the Apple A4 - its Snapdragon dual core chips. One of the keys to this chip is that Qualcomm has always preached that phones and portable devices will run on a single core in order to keep battery …
Presumably the multi-core devices will be nice and toasty. The first gen Snapdragon devices already warm up after a few minutes of video playback. Not that I'm complaining, looking forward to pocketable 5 inch tablets with 1280x 800 resolution displays.
I have to ask.....
"...designed purely for high level web and graphics performance..........as well as 1080p HD video encode/decode...."
Given the recent heated debate on the subject, for which codec would that hardware support be?
Off now to hide in a bunker while the flames die down in true troll stylie....
#have to ask
>for which codec would that hardware support be?
Why only one? its not an either or thing, at least not until the h.264 license costs go through the roof after the intro period. It will definitely support VP8 though. Qualcomm have already committed and have been working on it since before the Google announcement....
dont they make
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass