Networking company Brocade has three denser blades for its big iron data centre and carrier switches, meaning they can sit at the centre of even bigger networks than before. The FC8-64 is a 64-port blade for the DCX backbone switch that looks after Fibre Channel SAN and data centre networking. Each port has a bandwidth of 8Gbit/ …
The ports don't technically have 8Gb of bandwidth
The ports signal at 8Gbps speeds, but they are heavily oversubscribed, so the available average bandwidth is far less.
Would you like to expand on this?
There is an element of oversubscription but in a true Service provisioning environment, it is possible to provide 8gb per port. This is not possible in the competing Cisco product. Also the management of the Brocade products is far easier and more transparent than the other gear. Just personal experience of course...........
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it