Boffins working for US aerospace'n'death-tech mammoth Northrop Grumman claim to have produced the fastest known integrated circuit in the world. According to company spokesmen, top brains toiling at the company's Simon Ramo Microelectronics Center in California have produced a "Terahertz Monolithic Integrated Circuit (TMIC)" …
Surely 0.67 THz is below the mark to call it terahertz...??
Still, nice work
I do the math, you read
That's a wavelength of about 0.45 mm in free space. Infrared starts at about 720nm, so there's still three decades of sub-optical spectrum available for the galaxians to use, should they need it.
I for one would welcome the galaxians.
670 GHz, surely?
That's not a terahertz.
Actual THz spectrum has already been used for see-through-skin imaging purposes.
The original 8080 was terahertz then
0.0000057 ish but still terahertz using the article logic
... wil find a way to overclock this.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt