Boffins working for US aerospace'n'death-tech mammoth Northrop Grumman claim to have produced the fastest known integrated circuit in the world. According to company spokesmen, top brains toiling at the company's Simon Ramo Microelectronics Center in California have produced a "Terahertz Monolithic Integrated Circuit (TMIC)" …
Surely 0.67 THz is below the mark to call it terahertz...??
Still, nice work
I do the math, you read
That's a wavelength of about 0.45 mm in free space. Infrared starts at about 720nm, so there's still three decades of sub-optical spectrum available for the galaxians to use, should they need it.
I for one would welcome the galaxians.
670 GHz, surely?
That's not a terahertz.
Actual THz spectrum has already been used for see-through-skin imaging purposes.
The original 8080 was terahertz then
0.0000057 ish but still terahertz using the article logic
... wil find a way to overclock this.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan