Boffins working for US aerospace'n'death-tech mammoth Northrop Grumman claim to have produced the fastest known integrated circuit in the world. According to company spokesmen, top brains toiling at the company's Simon Ramo Microelectronics Center in California have produced a "Terahertz Monolithic Integrated Circuit (TMIC)" …
Surely 0.67 THz is below the mark to call it terahertz...??
Still, nice work
I do the math, you read
That's a wavelength of about 0.45 mm in free space. Infrared starts at about 720nm, so there's still three decades of sub-optical spectrum available for the galaxians to use, should they need it.
I for one would welcome the galaxians.
670 GHz, surely?
That's not a terahertz.
Actual THz spectrum has already been used for see-through-skin imaging purposes.
The original 8080 was terahertz then
0.0000057 ish but still terahertz using the article logic
... wil find a way to overclock this.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can