Sales of servers perked up considerably in the first quarter, according to statistics put together by IT market researcher IDC, with revenues at the factory level among server makers rising 4.7 per cent to $10.42bn. While that is arguably against a very easy compare, considering the dramatic downdraft of worldwide server …
Measuring Linux server market share by revenue is obviously deeply flawed. It's a free OS in at least 9/10 cases! What fraction of all servers were sold without an OS installed?
Actually most servers running Linux in our Enterprise and most of our customers is RHEL or SEL which are paid OS, and we are seeing about the same ratio for x64 VM clients (about 66% Windows, and 33% nix)
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad