Most Reg readers have moved on from the early days of virtualizing servers, when the idea was simply to consolidate and save floor space. Yesterday’s virtualization beta-testers are now fully versed in the virtualization game, and they're looking to get more bang for their buck with real projects that deliver benefits across …
What's it for?
Does anyone really use virtualization (in the server room, not desktop) for more than:
1) trying to persuade a WIndows box to do more than one trick without crapping out, or
2) giving hordes of paying customers something they can have root privileges on
i.e. does anyone who isn't an ISP and isn't using Windows use it?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS