Most Reg readers have moved on from the early days of virtualizing servers, when the idea was simply to consolidate and save floor space. Yesterday’s virtualization beta-testers are now fully versed in the virtualization game, and they're looking to get more bang for their buck with real projects that deliver benefits across …
What's it for?
Does anyone really use virtualization (in the server room, not desktop) for more than:
1) trying to persuade a WIndows box to do more than one trick without crapping out, or
2) giving hordes of paying customers something they can have root privileges on
i.e. does anyone who isn't an ISP and isn't using Windows use it?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait