Most Reg readers have moved on from the early days of virtualizing servers, when the idea was simply to consolidate and save floor space. Yesterday’s virtualization beta-testers are now fully versed in the virtualization game, and they're looking to get more bang for their buck with real projects that deliver benefits across …
What's it for?
Does anyone really use virtualization (in the server room, not desktop) for more than:
1) trying to persuade a WIndows box to do more than one trick without crapping out, or
2) giving hordes of paying customers something they can have root privileges on
i.e. does anyone who isn't an ISP and isn't using Windows use it?
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Apple sends in the bulldozers as Fruit Loop construction begins
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong