Terracotta is using the open-source cache technology it bought last year to challenge Oracle's application server and in-memory database grid for Java. The company has updated Ehcache by adding expanded support for WebSphere from IBM, the only remaining rival to Oracle's Java Enterprise Edition application server since the …
IBM's own solution ...
... in this space is called WebSphere eXtreme Scale (WXS); IBM naturally claims it's superior. Thought it should be mentioned here.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean