Bulgarian mobile network Mobitel has reportedly blocked the phone number 0888 888 888 after it emerged that everyone to whom it was assigned died. So noted the Daily Telegraph this week, much to the undoubted joy of numerologists and conspiracy theory wonks. But it's worth noting that two of the three owners of the number were …
Isn't the number '8' supposed to be good luck in China?
Whether this is true in Bulgaria would depend on one's opinion of the deceased.
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers