Bulgarian mobile network Mobitel has reportedly blocked the phone number 0888 888 888 after it emerged that everyone to whom it was assigned died. So noted the Daily Telegraph this week, much to the undoubted joy of numerologists and conspiracy theory wonks. But it's worth noting that two of the three owners of the number were …
Isn't the number '8' supposed to be good luck in China?
Whether this is true in Bulgaria would depend on one's opinion of the deceased.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Yes, UK. Johnny Foreigner has better mobe services than you