BT has folded the Ribbit internet call management service into its Onevoice business offering, combining functionality equivalent to Google Voice with the backing of a proper telecommunications company. BT bought Silicon Valley-based Ribbit for $105m almost two years ago, but integrating the service into BT's corporate offering …
The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.
BT has folded the Ribbit internet call management service into its Onevoice ...... with the backing of a proper telecommunications company.
If by "proper telecommunications company" you mean bloated, incompetent, expensive and arrogant, then you are spot on.
User "There is a fault with your line"
BT "No it's hardware"
User "But 20,000 other customers are affected"
BT "yes all their equipment is faulty"
Provided it doesn't cost TOO much money, and BT actually stick to the concept of privacy (Phorm, anyone?) then I'd go with it.
Google's offerings are just a bit too invasive.
Wow the speed BT has embraced VOIP at!!
So just what happened to 21C Voice migration?
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?