Violin Memory is introducing a flash memory array product with integrated flash RAID and a "sustainable ten-fold performance advantage over leading competitors". The 3200 Flash Memory Array has hot-swappable flash drives and is claimed to have a much lower cost per useable gigabyte as well as a performance advantage. It is a …
"Punts" confuses us Anglophilic Techno-Yanks every time
For just a second.
Why would they abandon this? Huh? What? They are punting?
"Punting" in American football means you are kicking the ball away...giving it to the opposition as they have thwarted your efforts at forward progress.
Having spent time in the U.K., I understand that Chris means that Violin is not giving up, but is instead going for a ride in a little flat bottom boat propelled by a long stick.
Top Gear and The Reg satisfy my thirst for Brit-isms. Keep up the good work. Don't punt.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked