back to article Swindon prepares for pill-popping, ghost-fleeing tournament

Human Pac-Man descends on Swindon tomorrow. Here's a picture of the dress rehearsal. Pac-Man Anniversary Swindon gamers take pill consumption to new levels Members of the public can control a real-life Pac-Man. How? You have to be there to find out. And Why? It's part of the Museum of Computing celebrations for Pac-Man's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ralph B
    Happy

Marcus Brigstocke was right

"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Or, indeed, out in the open in Swindon.

2. Code Monkey

Olympics

These should be our Olympic mascots.

3. Edwin
    Boffin

Beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep?

Wadawadawadawadawadawadawadawadawadawadawadawadawadawada!

4. Daniel Barnes

waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka

waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka bloooooooooop waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka

5. Sir Runcible Spoon
    Thumb Up

Sir

Whilst I applaud the effort, I can't help feeling it's a bit English*

*==cheap and cheerful

I wasn't expecting a Disney production, but I was at least hoping to see people running around the Magic Roundabout in lieue of a digitised backdrop.

Still, all in good fun

1. dogged

But

This is Swindon. That's a massive investment for Swindon, possibly the third-skankiest place in the country.

6. fixit_f
    Thumb Up

This isn't news - apparently exam invigilators do it all the time to relieve the tedium

So when they're walking up and down and across between the rows of desks during your GCSE's what you don't realise is that one of them is the nominated Pac Man and the others are ghosts. I can't remember the full rules though.

7. Andy C
    Stop

For all the complaining...

...el Reg still insists on posting links to freaking facebook

If the details are actually worth reporting, can we have an actuall copy of them rather than referencing back to a service that is slammed daily here.

8. SmallYellowFuzzyDuck, how pweety!
    Alert

Back back man

So the poor sod in the pacman outfit has to collect the dots off the floor then.

Phew, come the end of the event he's going to really hurt from all that stooping down every few seconds. Yeah he could also bend his legs, but that's also going to hurt after a while.

I wonder if health and safety regulations forced him take a manual handling course beforehand.

Waka waka waka oww! waka waka waka oww, I hurt! waka waka waka oooh is it 4 o'clock yet?...

9. Peter Smith 4
    Happy

I recognise that costume

So, last summer, I made a Pacman outfit and wore it to a couple of festivals:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3007692&l=1f09154824&id=514246503

I guess I got spotted!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like