Mission specialists Michael Good and Garrett Reisman are back aboard the shuttle Atlantis, safe and sound, after a spacewalk of six hours and 46 minutes. On this third and final spacewalk of STS-132, Good and Reisman replaced the final two of the six new 375-pound batteries that Atlantis brought to the International Space …
Apparently the little red ribbon was folded inside and so they had to lever the first battery out with a bic pen cap - tricky with a space suit
375 pound batteries?
Pounds are a unit of weight on earth. A unit of mass e.g. kilograms should have been used.
375 pounds = 170.097139 kilograms (assuming earth at sea level).
Google is your friend. Though personally I think we need a measure of mass that isn't also a measure of weight. I recommend the "Paris". Only countable in divisions of two, and 10 Parises makes a Parton.
Site != Sight
And EVERYBODY made that typo without catching it. Even El Reg. Sigh.
I think you meant "field in sight", not "field in site".
i don't know that this battery swap takes longer than an iphone; i'm guessing an iphone battery swap in zero g would go pretty slow 8-)
but swapping 375 pound batteries by hand on Earth (i.e. without the benefit of zero g) might be even slower...
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER