back to article Bush DVB680

Bush, once a noble British brand, is now a house brand for Argos. Whether that explains the DVB680's low-quality feel, I can't say, but this box certainly seems cheaply made. Bush DVB680 It's a metal box with holes punched in the rear for the sockets, and a plastic panel clipped to the front. The front panel sports a very …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
FAIL

Seriously?

So you hate the EPG and the remote - right, OK, but you seem to have missed out picture quality - probably the most important feature of a new HD set top box!

For the record, I bought this Bush box for £90 and I actually don't mind the interface, but the remote is dire, and the LCD display is awful. Having said that the picture quality on the HD channels is absolutely fantastic. I was really unsure about the box when I first got it because let's face it, it's Bush, but I was genuinely blown away when I saw the HD channels in action. Thumbs up from me.

Bronze badge

Not much in it, frankly

When it comes to picture quality, I think you'd be hard pushed to spot any significant difference between these boxes, frankly. I worked through all seven of them in quick succession when I was testing the surround functionality, as well as longer periods individually, and I honestly don't think any one stood out as better or worse than the others.

In terms of picture quality, you will generally be much more at the mercy of what's being broadcast then of the performance of your box, and so when it comes to choosing between them then it will fall far more to those other points on which I concentrated.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums