With so much of its future sales and growth staked on smart infrastructure and the data analytics that enables it, it comes as no surprise that IBM has taken a shining to the open source Hadoop big data crunching software that has found a loving home at the Apache Foundation. Today, IBM announced it has created a commercial …
Of course Doug C. welcomes IBM
It makes Cloudera's cloud support contracts look more than reasonable. :-)
Oh there's more I could say, but I'll just wait for Bernie to pop up again and put his foot in mouth like he always does.
Bernie is one of the few people who praised DB2 yet could only give Informix a couple of back handed compliments.
Oh yeah, now the Hadoop arena is getting interesting. ;-)
Download it free while you can knowing IBM's track record
Download it free while you can knowing IBM's track record when the good gets going the will take out of open and into closed source.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2