Mountain View has rolled Google Wave, its new-age online collaboration and communication tool, into its Google Apps suite of web-based business applications. Yes, that means the tool is now available to world+dog. This morning, at Google's annual developer conference, Wave daddy Lars Rasmussen - part of the brother team also …
Oh Good Grief
I just 'logged in' to Wave using my gmail identity. My 'Inbox' was empty; it seems you need to actively merge Wave with gmail, or something......shrugs.
I tried the settings option; here is what it said:
>Just bear with us and we'll update you when there's something to look at.<
>Dr. Wave <
I have a bad feeling about this.
Works fine for me...
I just logged in to Wave using my gmail identity and it looked fine to me.
Frankly, Mr. Frank Ly, your 'bad feeling' is all yours :-)
A tribute to Wavy Gravy -- no doubt because the writer lives in San Fran.
Even after all this time..
Problems with wave
1. The integration with Gmail isn't done to have any sort of email integration you need to add firstname.lastname@example.org as a participant to every wave.
2. Blackberry / Iphone apps are missing for this to work this is essential.
3. Nobody uses it more than to play multi-player Suduko.
Just logged on to wave
with about 30 IT literate contacts. When it finally came up (3 minutes to load)
Last activity 2/2/10
Wrote a program to do the soduko - you do know you can use computers to do things other than 'collaborate' dont you?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015