Google is launching an online app store for web applications. Its upcoming Chrome Web Store will be available through its Chrome web browser and Chrome OS, the upcoming netbook operating system based on the browser. Google vice president of product management Sunder Pichai announced the store this morning at Google I/O, the …
With this and mobile phone 'marketplaces', are people going to make websites any more? You know, the things that can work on every device with net access.
are people going to make websites any more
A lot of the apps in these stores are just front ends to web sites/web services.
This story reminds me...
... of the IPhone recipe.
Create some shit, fire up the marketing spin and then let developers do the work of making everything look and feel kewl, even if it ain't.
Personally I wouldn't thouch Chrome OS with your pooter/router - let alone mine ;)
It's OK, I'm on my way out of the door...
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'