Coraid is adding a ZFS-based NAS appliance to its EtherDrive SAN array product, joining other companies like Compellent in using ZFS in this way. Coraid supplies block storage accessed over Ethernet using an ATA-over-Ethernet (AoE) protocol which is not routed, is lossless and doesn't need any storage protocols such as iSCSI or …
For several years Coraid has posted a note at http://support.coraid.com/support/solaris/
" Users of ZFS should be aware that a bug exists in ZFS causing system crashes when a ZFS disk encounters persistent I/O errors. This bug has been verified using AoE targets as ZFS disks. Sun is aware of the problem and is said to be working on a solution."
I have wanted to use ZFS over AoE for a while now; perhaps the bugs have been fixed and we can now use it.
- ASTEROID'S SHOCK DINO-KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great