Coraid is adding a ZFS-based NAS appliance to its EtherDrive SAN array product, joining other companies like Compellent in using ZFS in this way. Coraid supplies block storage accessed over Ethernet using an ATA-over-Ethernet (AoE) protocol which is not routed, is lossless and doesn't need any storage protocols such as iSCSI or …
For several years Coraid has posted a note at http://support.coraid.com/support/solaris/
" Users of ZFS should be aware that a bug exists in ZFS causing system crashes when a ZFS disk encounters persistent I/O errors. This bug has been verified using AoE targets as ZFS disks. Sun is aware of the problem and is said to be working on a solution."
I have wanted to use ZFS over AoE for a while now; perhaps the bugs have been fixed and we can now use it.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor