A federal judge has permanently pulled the plug on a California web hosting provider accused of harboring a "witches' brew" of pernicious content on behalf of child pornographers, spammers, and malware purveyors. San Jose, California–based 3FN.net, which also operated under the name Pricewert, was also ordered to liquidate all …
So, uh ...
I take it this means that 4chan is down?
but it does seem quieter than usual...
Tech support logs
To me, it sounds like the real nail in the coffin would be the allegation in the linked article of logs of them providing tech support; they could have at least feigned ignorance otherwise (unconvincingly...) that they just sell colo boxes and virtual machines, and who knows what goes on on them? But that throws that right out the window.
Just pure joy to hear about the demise of any supporter or accomplice of the spammers. However, I still wish there were better user-level tools available so that I could do more to help run down the spammers. Remember, the spammers can't obfuscate beyond human comprehension because they need to be understood by the human suckers who send them money. Not completely, not honestly, but at least a little bit, and I want to help bridge that gap so the spam fighters can nail the spammers more early, more often, and MUCH harder.
*Why* would anyone doing this have servers in the US?
it would seem that (sooner or later) the trail would lead right back to *your* door.
I'll say "well done" to the FTC.
Let's see if it actually makes a *difference* in the volume of junk emails and infections.
3FN NBG? BFT*!
* - 'bout f***ing time
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence