Office file bloat could be banished with NXPowerLite, skinnying down your flabby PowerPoint decks. Neuxpower, a UK startup, has recoding software that compresses the main Office files to a fraction of their original size without needing rehydration or decompression. NXPowerLite for File Servers optimises the content of Word, …
Right, well first off an OOXML file is actually a ZIP archive, and ZIP compression goes by degrees dunnit? So presumably if you just unzip it, ratchet up the compression ratio and re-zip it, you've saved a bit there.
If Paint is MS's state-of-the-art on JPG optimisation, then there's definitely a fair bit of saving you can make there too.
And are you really shocked that OOXML, a format with a 6,000-page spec, generated by an app suite notorious for the sometimes-embarrassing junk metadata it bundles into documents, has much scope for cruft-trimming? You surprise me. Either that or I missed the <irony> tags ;)
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars