Microsoft has agreed to pony up $200m in a one-time patent infringement settlement payment to VirnetX Holding Corp. Redmond will also licence the internet security software maker's technology from now on. In March this year Microsoft was ordered by a US federal jury in Texas to pay nearly $106m to VirnetX for infringing two …
Stealing other people's technologies without paying. Naughty.
At least they paid for the important parts - the parts that iirc were lifted from FreeBSD. (I'll bet they were free ;)
All this stealing and yet their OS still feels about a decade behind the competition.
Look forward to working with...
equals "We will soon own their @sses..."
Resistance is, and always has been, futile.
At least they've proven that they can take it... and with smile. Lord knows they've sure dished it out.
VirnetX didn't cut off the giant's head, but they sure did a good job of trimming its nails a little.
Wonder who it'll use them on next?
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe