Microsoft has agreed to pony up $200m in a one-time patent infringement settlement payment to VirnetX Holding Corp. Redmond will also licence the internet security software maker's technology from now on. In March this year Microsoft was ordered by a US federal jury in Texas to pay nearly $106m to VirnetX for infringing two …
Stealing other people's technologies without paying. Naughty.
At least they paid for the important parts - the parts that iirc were lifted from FreeBSD. (I'll bet they were free ;)
All this stealing and yet their OS still feels about a decade behind the competition.
Look forward to working with...
equals "We will soon own their @sses..."
Resistance is, and always has been, futile.
At least they've proven that they can take it... and with smile. Lord knows they've sure dished it out.
VirnetX didn't cut off the giant's head, but they sure did a good job of trimming its nails a little.
Wonder who it'll use them on next?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning