Microsoft has agreed to pony up $200m in a one-time patent infringement settlement payment to VirnetX Holding Corp. Redmond will also licence the internet security software maker's technology from now on. In March this year Microsoft was ordered by a US federal jury in Texas to pay nearly $106m to VirnetX for infringing two …
Stealing other people's technologies without paying. Naughty.
At least they paid for the important parts - the parts that iirc were lifted from FreeBSD. (I'll bet they were free ;)
All this stealing and yet their OS still feels about a decade behind the competition.
Look forward to working with...
equals "We will soon own their @sses..."
Resistance is, and always has been, futile.
At least they've proven that they can take it... and with smile. Lord knows they've sure dished it out.
VirnetX didn't cut off the giant's head, but they sure did a good job of trimming its nails a little.
Wonder who it'll use them on next?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait