Apache Hadoop, the open-source version of Google's MapReduce architecture named after a kid's stuffed elephant, is still working to tame the 1.0 beast. Only a year ago, Hadoop hit its first stable release, a release that - in true open-source fashion - couldn't be called version 1.0 but contained two decimal points: version 0.20 …
The Author may have screwed up...
Doug Cuting spoke to the Chicago Area User Group the other night. While his talk covered some of the same material in the article, I didn't get the same perception that the author did.
Not to mention Doug Cutting posted a comment to the Hadoop mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'd suggest that the author make some effort to re-interview Cutting ASAP.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan