Apache Hadoop, the open-source version of Google's MapReduce architecture named after a kid's stuffed elephant, is still working to tame the 1.0 beast. Only a year ago, Hadoop hit its first stable release, a release that - in true open-source fashion - couldn't be called version 1.0 but contained two decimal points: version 0.20 …
The Author may have screwed up...
Doug Cuting spoke to the Chicago Area User Group the other night. While his talk covered some of the same material in the article, I didn't get the same perception that the author did.
Not to mention Doug Cutting posted a comment to the Hadoop mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'd suggest that the author make some effort to re-interview Cutting ASAP.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM