Apache Hadoop, the open-source version of Google's MapReduce architecture named after a kid's stuffed elephant, is still working to tame the 1.0 beast. Only a year ago, Hadoop hit its first stable release, a release that - in true open-source fashion - couldn't be called version 1.0 but contained two decimal points: version 0.20 …
The Author may have screwed up...
Doug Cuting spoke to the Chicago Area User Group the other night. While his talk covered some of the same material in the article, I didn't get the same perception that the author did.
Not to mention Doug Cutting posted a comment to the Hadoop mailing list email@example.com.
I'd suggest that the author make some effort to re-interview Cutting ASAP.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK
- Analysis PEAK LANDFILL: Why tablet gloom is good news for Windows users