Apache Hadoop, the open-source version of Google's MapReduce architecture named after a kid's stuffed elephant, is still working to tame the 1.0 beast. Only a year ago, Hadoop hit its first stable release, a release that - in true open-source fashion - couldn't be called version 1.0 but contained two decimal points: version 0.20 …
The Author may have screwed up...
Doug Cuting spoke to the Chicago Area User Group the other night. While his talk covered some of the same material in the article, I didn't get the same perception that the author did.
Not to mention Doug Cutting posted a comment to the Hadoop mailing list email@example.com.
I'd suggest that the author make some effort to re-interview Cutting ASAP.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor