Apache Hadoop, the open-source version of Google's MapReduce architecture named after a kid's stuffed elephant, is still working to tame the 1.0 beast. Only a year ago, Hadoop hit its first stable release, a release that - in true open-source fashion - couldn't be called version 1.0 but contained two decimal points: version 0.20 …
The Author may have screwed up...
Doug Cuting spoke to the Chicago Area User Group the other night. While his talk covered some of the same material in the article, I didn't get the same perception that the author did.
Not to mention Doug Cutting posted a comment to the Hadoop mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'd suggest that the author make some effort to re-interview Cutting ASAP.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update