Computer Associates. Why not !!!???!!!
OK, I've had it. What was so wrong with 'Computer Associates' ??
The only names that needed to be changed were names like 'Wang', Kumar', 'Richards', and a few others. The company name NEVER NEEDED TO CHANGE. What a windfal for the PR and marketing firms that consulted on the company name change. That's a few million down the tube for what ??
Let's seriously think about a name like CA Technologies.
Google for 'CAT' and 'CATech' and 'CATechnologies' what did you really gain??
1. There is already a company called C.A. Technologies
2. CA Technologies to me sounds like California Technologies.
3. If CA still stands for Computer Associates, then are you now Computer Associates Technologies ??? That just sounds wierd.
4. How many office building signs, web sites, business cards, letterheads, and software code of the CA products are you going to have to change this time around.
5. Quick before the ink is dry on those legal documents. . . .CHANGE YOUR NAME TO. . .
COMPUTER ASSOCIATES !!!