Xiotech has gone and done it, offering its ISE array monitor iPhone demo as an iPhone app. The company's intelligent Storage Element (ISE), its sealed and long-life canister of disk drives, can now be managed, or rather monitored, through its CorteX API by Apple's uber-successful smart phone and the ISEview app. ISEview allows …
Xiotech not first
Sent to me:-
"Active Storage have had an iPhone app out for ages that allows monitoring of its storage products. Worth a look ;)"
Slightly ironic this..
I find it slightly ironic that while a few different storage system manufacturers have developed iPhone/iPad apps to help manage their systems, Apple haven't developed one to help someone manage a group of Macs..
Surely it can't be that difficult to replicate SOME of the functionality of Apple Remote Desktop (for instance) on the iPhone/iPad?
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL