Xiotech has gone and done it, offering its ISE array monitor iPhone demo as an iPhone app. The company's intelligent Storage Element (ISE), its sealed and long-life canister of disk drives, can now be managed, or rather monitored, through its CorteX API by Apple's uber-successful smart phone and the ISEview app. ISEview allows …
Xiotech not first
Sent to me:-
"Active Storage have had an iPhone app out for ages that allows monitoring of its storage products. Worth a look ;)"
Slightly ironic this..
I find it slightly ironic that while a few different storage system manufacturers have developed iPhone/iPad apps to help manage their systems, Apple haven't developed one to help someone manage a group of Macs..
Surely it can't be that difficult to replicate SOME of the functionality of Apple Remote Desktop (for instance) on the iPhone/iPad?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders