Xiotech has gone and done it, offering its ISE array monitor iPhone demo as an iPhone app. The company's intelligent Storage Element (ISE), its sealed and long-life canister of disk drives, can now be managed, or rather monitored, through its CorteX API by Apple's uber-successful smart phone and the ISEview app. ISEview allows …
Xiotech not first
Sent to me:-
"Active Storage have had an iPhone app out for ages that allows monitoring of its storage products. Worth a look ;)"
Slightly ironic this..
I find it slightly ironic that while a few different storage system manufacturers have developed iPhone/iPad apps to help manage their systems, Apple haven't developed one to help someone manage a group of Macs..
Surely it can't be that difficult to replicate SOME of the functionality of Apple Remote Desktop (for instance) on the iPhone/iPad?
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked