Xiotech has gone and done it, offering its ISE array monitor iPhone demo as an iPhone app. The company's intelligent Storage Element (ISE), its sealed and long-life canister of disk drives, can now be managed, or rather monitored, through its CorteX API by Apple's uber-successful smart phone and the ISEview app. ISEview allows …
Xiotech not first
Sent to me:-
"Active Storage have had an iPhone app out for ages that allows monitoring of its storage products. Worth a look ;)"
Slightly ironic this..
I find it slightly ironic that while a few different storage system manufacturers have developed iPhone/iPad apps to help manage their systems, Apple haven't developed one to help someone manage a group of Macs..
Surely it can't be that difficult to replicate SOME of the functionality of Apple Remote Desktop (for instance) on the iPhone/iPad?
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats