Xiotech has gone and done it, offering its ISE array monitor iPhone demo as an iPhone app. The company's intelligent Storage Element (ISE), its sealed and long-life canister of disk drives, can now be managed, or rather monitored, through its CorteX API by Apple's uber-successful smart phone and the ISEview app. ISEview allows …
Xiotech not first
Sent to me:-
"Active Storage have had an iPhone app out for ages that allows monitoring of its storage products. Worth a look ;)"
Slightly ironic this..
I find it slightly ironic that while a few different storage system manufacturers have developed iPhone/iPad apps to help manage their systems, Apple haven't developed one to help someone manage a group of Macs..
Surely it can't be that difficult to replicate SOME of the functionality of Apple Remote Desktop (for instance) on the iPhone/iPad?
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?