Even during the depths of the Meltdown, consumers kept buying PCs. And increasingly the "killer app" for desktop, notebook, and netbook users was social networking. Or as Tom Kilroy, head of Intel's sales and marketing, called the interactive internet craze Tuesday morning in his keynote presentation at the company's investors …
Social Networking Stats - Energy Crisis
So now we know why Energy prices are so high - all that electricity used by PC's and not forgetting the servers powering the Internet!
Energy crisis? CO2 levels? Perhaps wean PC-junkies off their devices?
So, typical internet user is online for 3 hours 20 minutes a week?
Or almost 30 minutes a day, one typical web cafe session.. A life-destroying social media addiction indeed. Just think that you could spend that time smoking. Many probably do...
You are quite sure that that's social networking, and not looking at dirty pictures? (Probably not in the web cafe, unless you really are addicted.)
I for one
Welcome our new Earth-conquering social netizen overlords
Wait a moment.....
I'm one of them.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor