Even during the depths of the Meltdown, consumers kept buying PCs. And increasingly the "killer app" for desktop, notebook, and netbook users was social networking. Or as Tom Kilroy, head of Intel's sales and marketing, called the interactive internet craze Tuesday morning in his keynote presentation at the company's investors …
Social Networking Stats - Energy Crisis
So now we know why Energy prices are so high - all that electricity used by PC's and not forgetting the servers powering the Internet!
Energy crisis? CO2 levels? Perhaps wean PC-junkies off their devices?
So, typical internet user is online for 3 hours 20 minutes a week?
Or almost 30 minutes a day, one typical web cafe session.. A life-destroying social media addiction indeed. Just think that you could spend that time smoking. Many probably do...
You are quite sure that that's social networking, and not looking at dirty pictures? (Probably not in the web cafe, unless you really are addicted.)
I for one
Welcome our new Earth-conquering social netizen overlords
Wait a moment.....
I'm one of them.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst