back to article Acer Timeline X 4820TG

A year ago Acer’s Aspire Timeline 4810T notched up a ground-breaking eight hours of battery life thanks to the careful use of low power Core 2 hardware. The new Acer Aspire Timeline X ups the ante with claims that it can deliver up to 12 hours from the optional nine-cell battery – the standard six-cell is another story. Acer …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mr Brush
    WTF?

No Eject Button on DVD Drive?

So when the HDD is borked, how do you open the tray to boot the system from an OS install disk?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Its a shame...

...that you cannot test both the headline model (the 4820T) and the nicer spec'd (4820TG) high end version. IF 12 hours battery were achievable it would be interesting to see the graphs (and performance droop) as it is we only see graphs for what you have and the 'false' marketing claims leave a taint on this model, which is a shame as it looks quite good.

3. Tom Chiverton 1
    Dead Vulture

Linux ?

So, does it run Linux ? You could have spent 5 minutes sticking a recent LiveCD of something in and letting us know what did and didn't work out of the box at least.

1. Ammaross Danan
      Coat

Linux

Can't pop in a LiveCD if the DVD drive has no external eject button...

(I say use a paper clip to trigger the drive tray release and stuff it in that way, but who wants to carry a paper clip around???)

1. Thecowking

You can put the live CD in before you shut down

It's not like you have to stand by the PC waiting for post and then open, put in the cd and then shut it again.

I normally just burn a distro (or more recently make a bootable USB stick), leave the disk in the drive and hit reboot.

4. Shane8
    FAIL

Phail!

5400 RPM.....should be at least 7200 if not throw in some SSD!!!

5. Latent

Correction. CPU not Quad Core

The i5-430 is not a Quad Core as stated in the review. It is a Dual Core but it does have hyperthreading which makes it show 4 processing units to the OS and gives it better threading performance than a dual core.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like