Feeds

back to article Nokia reorganizes for second time in six months

Nokia CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo has announced his second reorganization in six months, indicating the intense pressure he is under to get the firm's smartphone strategy right. The new structure, effective from July 1, is heavily focused on tight integration between software and hardware, especially at the high end but also in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Gold badge

Not convinced

Having had 9110, 9110i, 9300 and E90 communicators, I thought that the premium Nokia phone got better and better and then turned into the equivalent of a quad zeon with 4 monitors running DOS. (Actually the 9110 was basically running DOS and was better than the E90, IMHO)

Nokia seriously have their work cut out to even approach where they used to be, let alone catch up with the competition.

Thumb Down

Oh dear...

Looking at the crap reliability of my oft-repaired N95 the quality of their hardware has gone steadily downhill. Now the software's going to follow it. Rich Green? After what he did at/to Sun? Good grief.

Thumb Down

2x in 6 months???

Pah, that's nothing...

Trying working "here" - we've got so much management that they need to justify their existence through constant re-orgs (especially with all the redundancies going around) to make themselves look "important". Important enough to avoid the axe anyway.

Needless to say I've changed my email signature 5x in the last year, whereas my actual role, objectives, seat, salary, PC etc has stayed exactly the same.

Muppets.

Anonymous....because that's what it feels like.

This topic is closed for new posts.