Virtualisation has become an established trend in the x86 server market and is moving into the desktop and notebook space too. It's a great tool for providing flexibility, recoverability and consolidation. But virtualisation also brings challenges, and security is certainly one of them. Personal or financial data that should be …
storage and access for host providers
when shopping around for a VM / cloud provider initial concerns are access and storage
- password protected VNC over the internet is just not good enough
- where across the storage array and backups your VM image is and are these files recoverable to other users as files get physically shifted around.
Personally I am thinking about sticking with colo and my own hardware,
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't