Virtualisation has become an established trend in the x86 server market and is moving into the desktop and notebook space too. It's a great tool for providing flexibility, recoverability and consolidation. But virtualisation also brings challenges, and security is certainly one of them. Personal or financial data that should be …
storage and access for host providers
when shopping around for a VM / cloud provider initial concerns are access and storage
- password protected VNC over the internet is just not good enough
- where across the storage array and backups your VM image is and are these files recoverable to other users as files get physically shifted around.
Personally I am thinking about sticking with colo and my own hardware,
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats