Virtualisation has become an established trend in the x86 server market and is moving into the desktop and notebook space too. It's a great tool for providing flexibility, recoverability and consolidation. But virtualisation also brings challenges, and security is certainly one of them. Personal or financial data that should be …
storage and access for host providers
when shopping around for a VM / cloud provider initial concerns are access and storage
- password protected VNC over the internet is just not good enough
- where across the storage array and backups your VM image is and are these files recoverable to other users as files get physically shifted around.
Personally I am thinking about sticking with colo and my own hardware,
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2