Virtualisation has become an established trend in the x86 server market and is moving into the desktop and notebook space too. It's a great tool for providing flexibility, recoverability and consolidation. But virtualisation also brings challenges, and security is certainly one of them. Personal or financial data that should be …
storage and access for host providers
when shopping around for a VM / cloud provider initial concerns are access and storage
- password protected VNC over the internet is just not good enough
- where across the storage array and backups your VM image is and are these files recoverable to other users as files get physically shifted around.
Personally I am thinking about sticking with colo and my own hardware,
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE