Western Digital does not intend to bring out an enterprise 15,000rpm 2.5-inch disk drive despite arch rival Seagate having plans to do so. Seagate announced the introduction of a faster-than-10K small form factor (2.5-inch or SFF) drive last week. Stifel Niklaus analyst Aaron Rakers was told by Western Digital's CFO Tim Leyden …
The Seagate "Savvio" range of enterprise 15K rpm 2.5" drives has been out and able to be ordered for some time already.
For example, here's a place with them *in stock* and able to be ordered. (we use this crowd as a supplier)
Don't fly at all!
well according to the American film industry they jump
In the age of SSD...
In the age of SSD - Who cares?
I can always go for SSD and large 2,5" SATA and/or get a decent SAS controller to start with.
Personally, I´d have opted for SAS and 15k drives anytime, but it never was a question for me, we got FC arrays in company and my home PC is more than five years old - so a raptor wouldn´t help.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad