A Microsoft veteran has reportedly left the software giant and taken on the role of chief technology officer at AOL. Alex Gounares, whose most recent job at Microsoft involved overseeing its advertising research and development unit, joined the company in 1993. Redmond hasn’t confirmed the move, but according to All Things …
advertising, research and development...
...is one business unit? jeez.
What do they do now? Are they still doing dialup internet for the 10% who can't (or won't) get broadband? Doesn't seem like much of a career path...
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low