A Microsoft veteran has reportedly left the software giant and taken on the role of chief technology officer at AOL. Alex Gounares, whose most recent job at Microsoft involved overseeing its advertising research and development unit, joined the company in 1993. Redmond hasn’t confirmed the move, but according to All Things …
advertising, research and development...
...is one business unit? jeez.
What do they do now? Are they still doing dialup internet for the 10% who can't (or won't) get broadband? Doesn't seem like much of a career path...
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS