Good news for once
The last thing anyone needs is 2 rival standards for using OpenGL on the web - this way all contributions can put towards the same effort.
One of the reason of Linux's success (not on the desktop but in general) has to the down to the fact that it hasn't forked (yet)
Now all we need to for Kde and Gnome to join forces and we're set !
The more Mozilla and google work together the better for everybody.
No plugin = run everywhere
And by not needing plugins you don't have to worry about supporting lots of different mobile OSes and ARM powered tablets.
"speed up its standards adoption"
"This is a working draft document and may be updated, replaced or obsoleted by other documents at any time"
doesn't look like it's a standard yet.
or, given MS's approach to support and backwards compatability, are you SERIOUSLY advocating they support the current version, given that it'll then be frozen at that level for backwards compatability reasons for several years?
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know