Good news for once
The last thing anyone needs is 2 rival standards for using OpenGL on the web - this way all contributions can put towards the same effort.
One of the reason of Linux's success (not on the desktop but in general) has to the down to the fact that it hasn't forked (yet)
Now all we need to for Kde and Gnome to join forces and we're set !
The more Mozilla and google work together the better for everybody.
No plugin = run everywhere
And by not needing plugins you don't have to worry about supporting lots of different mobile OSes and ARM powered tablets.
"speed up its standards adoption"
"This is a working draft document and may be updated, replaced or obsoleted by other documents at any time"
doesn't look like it's a standard yet.
or, given MS's approach to support and backwards compatability, are you SERIOUSLY advocating they support the current version, given that it'll then be frozen at that level for backwards compatability reasons for several years?
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS