Good news for once
The last thing anyone needs is 2 rival standards for using OpenGL on the web - this way all contributions can put towards the same effort.
One of the reason of Linux's success (not on the desktop but in general) has to the down to the fact that it hasn't forked (yet)
Now all we need to for Kde and Gnome to join forces and we're set !
The more Mozilla and google work together the better for everybody.
No plugin = run everywhere
And by not needing plugins you don't have to worry about supporting lots of different mobile OSes and ARM powered tablets.
"speed up its standards adoption"
"This is a working draft document and may be updated, replaced or obsoleted by other documents at any time"
doesn't look like it's a standard yet.
or, given MS's approach to support and backwards compatability, are you SERIOUSLY advocating they support the current version, given that it'll then be frozen at that level for backwards compatability reasons for several years?
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!