Motorola has posted an update for its Milestone smartphone - reviewed here - taking the Android-based handset to version 2.1 of the Google operating system. "This highly anticipated software release makes Milestone Europe’s first Qwerty smartphone to be powered by Android 2.1 in the UK," the company chirped. The update brings …
The speech-to-text facility works remarkably well (so long as I take care to speak in a California accent!), and Google appears to be continually improving its accuracy. I've been using 2.1 since the upgrade was leaked about six weeks ago, and now routinely use speech-to-text for both SMS and email transcription whilst driving.
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp