Huawei and Motorola have been working with China Mobile to get a time-duplexed LTE network deployed at the Shanghai Expo, offering 20Mb/sec over cheap and cheerful spectrum. The deployment is experimental and will only last as long as the Expo, but the companies involved have been demonstrating peak speeds of 80Mb/sec, with 24 …
Call me old fashioned
but time division duplex = simplex
Not as sexy without a TLA admittedly.
WTF is cheerful spectrum?
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Did Apple's iOS literally make you SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1