The EU has decided that broadcasters across Europe should clear out of 790-862MHz, committing to a plan accurately predicted by Ofcom. Ofcom cares because the top end of that band is currently used by the Programme Making and Special Events (PMSE) crowd, whom Ofcom is hoping to relocate down to the dial to somewhere around …
So it's not just us then?
How sad to learn that it isn't just the U.S. of A. that's stupid enough to sell spectrum outright instead of licensing for fee or leasing it.
Oh great, another sodding retune !
So for those of us (and it's the case up here in Granada-land), that means another complete retune when they switch channels. Not only that, but for those without wideband antennas, it means changing antenna to a different band as well - aerial installers are going to be busy (again).
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes