The EU has decided that broadcasters across Europe should clear out of 790-862MHz, committing to a plan accurately predicted by Ofcom. Ofcom cares because the top end of that band is currently used by the Programme Making and Special Events (PMSE) crowd, whom Ofcom is hoping to relocate down to the dial to somewhere around …
So it's not just us then?
How sad to learn that it isn't just the U.S. of A. that's stupid enough to sell spectrum outright instead of licensing for fee or leasing it.
Oh great, another sodding retune !
So for those of us (and it's the case up here in Granada-land), that means another complete retune when they switch channels. Not only that, but for those without wideband antennas, it means changing antenna to a different band as well - aerial installers are going to be busy (again).
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'