Microsoft has apologized for a cloud outage that saw its customer support services evaporate. The Windows Live Solutions Center was offline for several hours on Tuesday thanks to what Microsoft called a "temporary server issue" that "intermittently prevented some consumers from accessing content on the site." Which was a really …
I think I've had this problem for a few months.....
I access my Hotmail account using Live Mail and a couple of months ago I started getting a deltasync error whenever I used dial up to collect my mail, it seemed okay on my laptop if I had a fast enough connection. Just loaded up Live Mail now (on dial up) and it seems to work! I had contacted the Live Help Team and their solution was to get a faster connection, ahh if only.
Anyway, lets see if this is the fix that I have been waiting for.
Microsoft, Cloud, Stability, Security....
Those who trust or believe them are jackasses. Downtime should be least of there worries.
Well, what do you expect if you trust your services to something as nebulous as a cloud.
On a serious note, if it is important to you then run and administer it yourself. If you dont care about it, let the cloud deal with it.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK