Call it a testimony to the changing nature of workloads, evolving computing architectures, and the passing nature of your IT vendor. Mid-2000s, the advice - as well as the headlines - was about how to migrate from a costly and closed-source Java application server such as BEA Systems' WebLogic Server to the open and free JBoss …
Shurely shome mistake?
Tc Server is apache's Tomcat + Spring stuff (management, monitoring, instrumentation, ...) - it's not an OSGi-based product. Spring did have an OSGi server (Spring DM Server), which they've now donated to Eclipse.
It's 170,000-190,000 page views a day, not 170-190. I wouldn't need 12 application servers for less than 200 page views per day. ;)
still don't believe it
12 servers for 170k page views? Can't give the actual values but were handling a good order of magnitude or more than that with just 3...
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- NATO declares WAR on Google Glass, mounts attack alongside MPAA