Apax Partners has bought a majority stake in UK-based net security firm Sophos in a deal announced on Monday valuing the company at $830m. Dr Jan Hruska and Dr Peter Lammer, who co-founded Sophos 25 years ago, will retain a significant minority shareholding, reportedly valued at $300m. TA Associates, a minority shareholder in …
St Botulph's Town?
"Over recent years the firm has looked to international sales to maintain its growth, moving the hub of its marketing operation from Oxford to Boston in a bid to meet these objectives."
How did moving from Oxfordshire to Lincolnshire meet those objectives?
Yes, that's it, the one with a picture of the Stump on the sleeve...
They're rich! They're rich...
£50 notes all round to light those celebratory cigars, eh Reg? After all that's what you guys claimed last time. ;-)
Where's the folding stuff then?
"....funded two-thirds by equity and one third by debt."
So Apple wanted 'em, but not badly enough for His Steveiness to dig into the sock drawer for a bit of that spare 40bn in cash he's got lying around then?
We can normally rely on Graham to give us his opinion on anything and everything. The absence of any comment from Mr Cluley on this matter is astonishing,
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why