Samsung is shipping phase-change memory in a multi-chip package (MCP) as a NOR replacement for mobile phones. Phase-change memory involves storing binary digits as different levels of resistance caused by phase changes in an alloy of germanium, antimony and titanium. The phase changes from amorphous to crystalline and back again …
"Throws NOR out for PRAM" YES!!!
Give that madam ( or manam ) a cigar. What a cracker of a subbie.
"We need to push the pram a looot..."
*jumps up and down to the Monty Python chivalry song*
Waiting for jokes about prams
Does anyone know if PRAM is subject to the same R/W cycle limitations that Flash has? Does it require similar wear-leveling and related tech, or is it a more robust technology?
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system