Samsung is shipping phase-change memory in a multi-chip package (MCP) as a NOR replacement for mobile phones. Phase-change memory involves storing binary digits as different levels of resistance caused by phase changes in an alloy of germanium, antimony and titanium. The phase changes from amorphous to crystalline and back again …
"Throws NOR out for PRAM" YES!!!
Give that madam ( or manam ) a cigar. What a cracker of a subbie.
"We need to push the pram a looot..."
*jumps up and down to the Monty Python chivalry song*
Waiting for jokes about prams
Does anyone know if PRAM is subject to the same R/W cycle limitations that Flash has? Does it require similar wear-leveling and related tech, or is it a more robust technology?
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs