Samsung is shipping phase-change memory in a multi-chip package (MCP) as a NOR replacement for mobile phones. Phase-change memory involves storing binary digits as different levels of resistance caused by phase changes in an alloy of germanium, antimony and titanium. The phase changes from amorphous to crystalline and back again …
"Throws NOR out for PRAM" YES!!!
Give that madam ( or manam ) a cigar. What a cracker of a subbie.
"We need to push the pram a looot..."
*jumps up and down to the Monty Python chivalry song*
Waiting for jokes about prams
Does anyone know if PRAM is subject to the same R/W cycle limitations that Flash has? Does it require similar wear-leveling and related tech, or is it a more robust technology?
- ASTEROID'S SHOCK DINO-KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great