Samsung is shipping phase-change memory in a multi-chip package (MCP) as a NOR replacement for mobile phones. Phase-change memory involves storing binary digits as different levels of resistance caused by phase changes in an alloy of germanium, antimony and titanium. The phase changes from amorphous to crystalline and back again …
"Throws NOR out for PRAM" YES!!!
Give that madam ( or manam ) a cigar. What a cracker of a subbie.
"We need to push the pram a looot..."
*jumps up and down to the Monty Python chivalry song*
Waiting for jokes about prams
Does anyone know if PRAM is subject to the same R/W cycle limitations that Flash has? Does it require similar wear-leveling and related tech, or is it a more robust technology?
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe