While Microsoft and Intel both spent many years trying to persuade us we needed big, bulky media centre PCs underneath our TVs, space considerations and a lack of downloadable content meant that most folk were more than happy to make do with a DVD player. The explosion in online content - particularly video material - means that …
Nettops are awesome
I just wish mine was as small as some of those :(
I did a little write up on the differences between my desktop and my Nettop here: http://f12.doesntexist.com/wiki/doku.php?id=phils-nettop
Mislabeled lead illustration
Your illo labels the Viewsonic's height as a diminutive 135mm... but the photo that accompanies the review makes it clear that the product is 190mm high by 135mm deep.
What about the eeeBox then?
the eeeBox eb1502 is just good(if not better) as any of these. Oh, if runs Linux (Fedora 12) OOTB inc Wireless and HD Display with the nouveau Nvidia driver.
Yes is comes with all the kit needed to mount it on your TV as well.
Fail- for obvious reasons.
Re: What about the eeeBox then?
The answer is that Asus didn’t send one, because they are between ION and ION 2, and we can’t include an end of life product that the company wishes to withhold.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support