Supercomputer maker Cray has pushed another XT6 massively parallel Opteron-Linux super out the door, this time to the Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais in Brazil. You know, that South American country where they still have an economy that is roaring like an Asian Tiger. The XT6 supers, which were announced last November …
Sounds great - can I buy one to predict if it is going to rain on the way to the shops?
Of course, Brazil couldn't possibly be wanting to use it to help develop a nuclear weapon....
They probably need it for Phorm.
if its name is charlie1
it run Crysis?
Well, so much for the weather forecast
They're improving their weather-forecasting power ? So long accurate forecasts, then.
When they doubled the weather forecast points in France and improved the hardware, they started making 5-day forecasts.
Ever since then there's a 50/50 chance they get it wrong for the next 24 hours, and no sane French person will ever trust what they for 5 days hence.
Good weather forecasts have been lost with all hands.
Oh, wait ...
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat