Nokia has introduced its first Symbian 3 smartphone, the N8. The handset's headline feature: a 12Mp camera that the Finnish phone giant claimed can "rival dedicated point and shoot cameras". Nokia N8 Nokia's N8: compact camera-beating snapper? Key to that claim are Carl Zeiss optics, a xenon flash and a "substantially" larger …
"didn't specify how large the sensor actually is"
According to http://www.symbian.org/devices/nokia-n8 and Nokia Conversations website, it's 12-megapixels.
Re: Sensor Size
I believe the question refers to the physical size of the sensor, not the resolution. The importance being that a larger physical size is better, for a fixed resolution.
For example, see http://www.dpreview.com/news/0210/02100402sensorsizes.asp
The answer to this question seems to be 1/1.9" which, according to the following page, is quite impressive:
Who is Sarah Goldberg?
Who is Sarah Goldberg? And what will be amazing?
the death spasms continue
It's not about the phone, it's about the platform. And this one is just a curiosity on the inside.
Could this be a decent Nokia phone at last?
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Even a broken watch is right twice a day: Not an un-charged Apple Watch
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast