Nokia has introduced its first Symbian 3 smartphone, the N8. The handset's headline feature: a 12Mp camera that the Finnish phone giant claimed can "rival dedicated point and shoot cameras". Nokia N8 Nokia's N8: compact camera-beating snapper? Key to that claim are Carl Zeiss optics, a xenon flash and a "substantially" larger …
"didn't specify how large the sensor actually is"
According to http://www.symbian.org/devices/nokia-n8 and Nokia Conversations website, it's 12-megapixels.
Re: Sensor Size
I believe the question refers to the physical size of the sensor, not the resolution. The importance being that a larger physical size is better, for a fixed resolution.
For example, see http://www.dpreview.com/news/0210/02100402sensorsizes.asp
The answer to this question seems to be 1/1.9" which, according to the following page, is quite impressive:
Who is Sarah Goldberg?
Who is Sarah Goldberg? And what will be amazing?
the death spasms continue
It's not about the phone, it's about the platform. And this one is just a curiosity on the inside.
Could this be a decent Nokia phone at last?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots