Feeds

back to article MS withdraws ineffective security update

Microsoft has withdrawn an update for Windows Server because the patch, issued eight days ago, does not treat the root cause of the problem it was meant to fix. MS10-025 was designed to address a flaw specific to Windows 2000 Server installations also running Windows Media Services. The bug was critical for affected users, who …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Badgers

SHHHH! Not so loud!

"Redmond assured users that the bug is not being actively exploitated by hackers."

...at the moment. I'm sure once word spreads, some hackers will be all over it like white on rice.

Unhappy

had to back this out,

when it stopped me accessing my e-mail.

FAIL

Microsoft != ABBA

ABBA had a song called "You win again". What would Microsoft's song be called?

FAIL

That would be the Bee Gees

If you're going to post a 'Fail' post, it's important to get your own facts correct. Mind you, I didn't understand your point anyway.

FAIL indeed

One assumes the "FAIL" icon was aimed at yourself? ABBA didn't do "You win again". The Bee Gees did. :-)

Silver badge

Links transposed.

Your MS blog link points to the ISC page and vice versa. Since the ISC page simply points to the MS blog link anyway, it's not even really necessary.

g e
Silver badge
FAIL

WTF???????

_____ _ ___ _

| ___/ \ |_ _| |

| |_ / _ \ | || |

| _/ ___ \ | || |___

|_|/_/ \_\___|_____|

Bet that doesn't come out....<pre> required :o)

Typo

psst, I didn't know that exploitated was a word =)

FAIL

editing needed

you appear to have the links at the bottom of the article the wrong way round (both link texts are for the *other* link

Jobs Horns

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You mean MS's anything is secure; and the patches for them actually work?

Of all the reasons to dump Microsoft - all of them were given to me, by Microsoft.

The flip side of this is the competition gave me all the reasons to not go back.

This topic is closed for new posts.