The European Commission has revealed some more details of how it intends to get the Stockholm Programme to strengthen security enacted into law by 2014. The Commission promises to strengthen data protection law, make ID theft a criminal offence, introduce new hacking offences, improve the rights of those accused of crimes, make …
Let us not forget personal responsibility
"The Commission promises to strengthen data protection law..." Perhaps it would be good to educate people so they understand how to keep their data Private. For example, most people do not know that email is not private at all. While there are some alternatives (like TrulyMail.com, and others) not much attention is given to them.
If people do not understand how they contribute to their own private data being 'out there' then how can they be part of the solution?
>By 2012 the Commission aims to have criminalised identity theft across the continent
Excellent. That makes UK ID cards illegal then.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars