Miscreants have created a Trojan that poses as a Google Chrome extension. Spammed messages attempt to dupe prospective marks into trying an add-on that "helps you better organise your documents received in your email". Interested parties are pointed towards a counterfeit Google Chrome Extensions page, which offers a malware …
Problem originates in a dodgy url in a dodgy email? Hard to have much sympathy for victims, then.
Trojan poses as Google Chrome extension
on Windows as expected. That is in case you might ask.
Do I need new glasses or new assumptions?
I looked at where you said "Miscreants" had done this and I thought it said "Microsoft".
You know, the publishers of Miscreants Windugh, Miscreants Awfullest, and other software products comparable to Cushelle toilet paper. Used.
I think you will find that's a Windows virus, not a Chrome one
Do you think that your average Chrome User will give a fuck which OS they are using ?
Or which programming school is responsible for letting them get their device pwned ?
It would appear that you Linii creeps still have a great deal to learn too.
Given that, according to StatCounter, the Chrome/Chromium browser
now enjoys a worldwide market share of about 9 % (http://preview.tinyurl.com/2b5to5k ), it's hardly surprising that it's being targetted. Nor is it particularly surprising that it's being targetted on the least secure of the major operating systems....
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize