Feeds

back to article Trojan poses as Google Chrome extension

Miscreants have created a Trojan that poses as a Google Chrome extension. Spammed messages attempt to dupe prospective marks into trying an add-on that "helps you better organise your documents received in your email". Interested parties are pointed towards a counterfeit Google Chrome Extensions page, which offers a malware …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
FAIL

Say what?

Problem originates in a dodgy url in a dodgy email? Hard to have much sympathy for victims, then.

Anonymous Coward

Trojan poses as Google Chrome extension

on Windows as expected. That is in case you might ask.

Bronze badge

Do I need new glasses or new assumptions?

I looked at where you said "Miscreants" had done this and I thought it said "Microsoft".

You know, the publishers of Miscreants Windugh, Miscreants Awfullest, and other software products comparable to Cushelle toilet paper. Used.

FAIL

.EXE?

I think you will find that's a Windows virus, not a Chrome one

FAIL

Durr !

Eponymous Coward,

Do you think that your average Chrome User will give a fuck which OS they are using ?

Or which programming school is responsible for letting them get their device pwned ?

It would appear that you Linii creeps still have a great deal to learn too.

ALF

Given that, according to StatCounter, the Chrome/Chromium browser

now enjoys a worldwide market share of about 9 % (http://preview.tinyurl.com/2b5to5k ), it's hardly surprising that it's being targetted. Nor is it particularly surprising that it's being targetted on the least secure of the major operating systems....

Henri

This topic is closed for new posts.